Monday, May 2, 2011

Why Must You Do That???

 I have to get this off my chest. There are a handful of people who love to either drown their food with various sauces or add a load of salt before even trying their food. So I am going to share with you my experiences and how I think this can be solved.


I find that there are certain people who like to smother their food in sauce and it really disgusts me. For example, I used to work at McDonald's and there would be guys who would ask for 8 sweet and sour sauces for their chicken nuggets. This was for a 10 piece meal. LOL So you are telling me you need almost 1 packet of sauce per nugget? LOL Are you even wanting to taste the chicken nugget? It kinda makes me want to ask, you want some food with that sauce?? Or, why so many sauces? We had to charge them for so many sauces and they would put up a fight over it. lol we were only allowed to give 2 sauce packets for a 10 pc. which I think is plenty but after that, you are making our business lose money. Those sauces add up, trust me. Another example would be people who drown a perfectly grilled and seasoned steak in A1 sauce. A1 sauce is so concentrated in flavor as it is, why would you ruin a steak with a pool of sauce? The cook took their time to ensure that your steak was cooked to your liking and seasoned it perfectly, why would you butcher that steak with a lake of sauce? I guarantee you if that cook saw you using so much sauce they would slap you with a frying pan, it's insulting really. Or better yet, cook a few steaks yourself, and watch one of your friends eat their steak with a bowl full of sauce. See how that makes you feel. After you took your precious time to cook that steak to perfection then have it ruined in a bath of sauce. 


Next, I really hate it when people put a ton of salt on their food before even eating it. You know, I worked at a restaurant that didn't place salt and pepper shakers on the table because the cooks made sure every food item was seasoned perfectly. If someone really wanted salt they could have it, but it was pretty rare that they asked. The lack of them not having the shakers on the tables, it really says a lot. Most people don't even notice they are missing but not having to reach for them sure is nice.(It gives you that much more room on the table too.) I admit I used to do the same thing, and my mom would yell at me for it but I dare not do it now. I am actually adapting a taste for less salt in my food and it is doing my body good. I am more sensitive to salt in my foods and I am very careful about foods with a lot of salt. I buy low sodium food items or fresh food items over canned if I can help it. Often times when I eat out now, I feel like the foods are over seasoned, but that's just my tongue trying to adapt. 


So next time you cook a meal, see what happens if no salt, pepper or sauce are placed on the table. Will those who would butcher their food actually get up from the table to go get their seasoning? If it's not too much trouble, ask people to give an honest opinion about their meal and see what they say. Take into consideration that if you know their eating habits, don't take offense if they say something was bland. Everyone knows when something is seasoned just right or over seasoned. Well, smokers and old people might not. Their taste buds aren't as sharp as the rest of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment