Thursday, May 5, 2011

Super Easy Pasta Recipe

I can't stress enough when I say that there is beauty in simplicity. This can be applied so well with food. My example for you is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta. 


You will need:
-Angel Hair Pasta           - Salt/Pepper
- Lemon Juice                 - Raw Garlic
- Butter                           


-When I cook pasta like this, I add hot water to a pot so it doesn't take as long to boil. (All of the ingredient amounts are subjective to your taste)
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the box, or until al dente.****
- Place some butter in a serving bowl, along with a spritz of lemon and garlic (freshly grated or jarred kind is up to you). 
- Drain off the pasta and add as much as you like to the serving bowl. Toss in the butter, lemon juice and garlic. 
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Lemon juice is great in pasta because it gives the taste buds the illusion of salt, so watch how much salt you add!!)
-Optional, zest the lemon for extra added flavor. 


There is no need to overwhelm your pasta in a heavy cream or tomato sauce. 


***Cooks note: Al Dente is a point where pasta is cooked and still has a little bite to it. Most certainly not soggy!
Enjoy my recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment